Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Eye Games

Sometimes my eyes play tricks on me. 

Not big ones, well sometimes- like that one time I tried to buy a dress at the store that I thought cost $48 dollars, which would have been a bargain, but really it was $84 so I had to tell the lady-with-a-nose-ring-behind-the-counter "no thank you" and that was kind of awkward, 

but usually they are pretty subtle. 


Like yesterday I was walking in my kitchen. And I really wanted an avocado. so I start looking through my fridge. I pick out a container of feta cheese- its expired. Out of the corner of my eye- for an instant- I see an avocado. So I drop the feta- literally it falls all over my kitchen floor- and I race over to the counter, mouth watering in anticipation of this gorgeous avocado.... and then I get there and there is no avocado! 


too keep my eyes in good shape I pluck strands of my hair and squint to determine the color. It's hard to tell if I am right though, because each strand seems to be a different color. Some are really dark brown, some are red, some are brown at the top but then red at the bottom. 


Someone once told me they saw I had gray hairs.


I have yet to find one, although, I once found a platinum blonde hair.. I didn't believe it came from my own head so I had to pluck a few more and compare their consistencies. 


Really, my eyes should be good and sharp.. but I think they just get bored and team up with my mind to play tricks on me. 

No comments: