Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wish

I wished on my first balloon when I was six. 
My best friend at the time was a stuffed puppy named wizard. I lost wizard at a movie theater the night before my birthday. I was devastated. To try and cheer me up my parents filled my room with balloons. red ones. Well, although it was incredibly cool- I was still upset. 
So my mom took my hand, and wrapped my little fingers around a balloon string. We walked outside to an open area and she instructed me to release my balloon and make a wish.   I wished I would never have a best friend leave me again.     
This became a tradition. Every year I make a wish.
 I clench the string tightly, close my eyes and translate my wish through nothing other than brainwaves. Pure, Imaginative creative beautiful brainwaves.  And once I am content with my wish, I let go.   My red balloon leaves my hand and floats up into the air- Taking  my most personal desires on a journey threw the clouds and to the stars.
 Wishes are powerful things. If your not careful, you may waste one.  I mean you may not realize at the time,because the thing your wishing for could be so Good if you had it here and now. However, in the long run wasteful wishes don’t do you any good.   I don't usually wish for material  goods. Its too narrow. Either you get it , or you don't... but then later on you might ...and you may not even want it anymore. I wish for feelings and experiences. I wish for satisfaction. I see no limit on wishing- If you can think it, and believe it, then the sky is the limit. pun intended.
Wishes inspire. They motivate They make you take time and actually think about what you desire and what needs to happen to make your dreams come true.

No comments: